Mail groups no longer visible in navigation pane, just a link to said groups. Microsoft 365, outlook client and web client

Igor Petersson 20 Reputation points
2024-10-25T12:40:10.1033333+00:00

Hello.

So, In noticed that all the groups I am a member off disappeared from the navigation pane in the outlook client and web version of Microsoft 365.

In my case the navigation pane, now, contains:
Favorites

  • Empty
    Folders
  • Inbox
  • Sent
  • Deleted
  • Archived
  • Notes
    ...
    And now suddenly a link to groups called: Go To Groups (instead of the actual groups)
    If I click that link another page opens with said groups. Same on local client as on web.

Previously all my groups were listed under the main groups (favorites and folders) in the navigation pane like this:
Groups

  • Group 1
  • Group 2
  • Group 3
    And so forth

As far as I understand the there is no settings options to get it back to "normal"

I don't really like to have to switch between different windows over and over again just to be able to access mails from different groups and/or inbox, sent, waiting et cetera.

Does anyone know if there is an actual setting to ge it back?

I can't provide images due to security reasons.

Thanks beforehand

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

Answer accepted by question author
ChristyZhang-MSFT 26,226 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff
2024-10-29T07:37:24.2933333+00:00

Hi @Igor Petersson ,

Thanks for your reply!

According to the image you provided, i understand that you are using New Outlook for Windows. I'm afraid that it's by design and cannot be changed in New Outlook for Windows.

If you prefer to use the original group display, it's suggested that you could switch to Classic Outlook (Help>Go to classic Outlook).

User's image

Thanks for your understanding and support!


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Frank - Ronnie Seagren 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-23T18:17:58.03+00:00

    I now have thirty groups in my navigation pane on outlook that are not mine. This is a security issue. i need to go back to classic outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?