Personal Microsoft account locked out of Azure Portal: 6-digit MFA required, but Authenticator shows 8-digit code and no push arrives

Jie Gu 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T17:42:17.0133333+00:00

I use a personal Microsoft account to access my Azure subscription. I can sign in to my Microsoft account normally, but I cannot complete sign-in to the Azure Portal.

After entering my credentials, Azure asks for a code from Microsoft Authenticator. The Azure field accepts only 6 digits, while the account on my original phone shows an 8-digit rotating code. The only other option is “Approve a sign-in request,” but no request arrives in the app.

I have changed the verification methods on my personal Microsoft account, but that has not fixed Azure sign-in. I also tried the Microsoft 365 admin center; it says: “Your account doesn't have permission to view or manage this page. Login is not supported for consumer users without business presence.”

Please help me.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.