Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Hi @Habib Ding (Commercial Bank, KMBL)
To ensure I understand the issue correctly, could you confirm whether you are experiencing the same behavior shown below?
- The selected Office Background (for example, Starts) appears on the File > Office Account page.
- However, the background does not appear in the main Outlook interface (Mail view, Calendar view, compose window, etc.).
If so, I am seeing the same behavior in my test environment, Outlook Version 2609 (Build 20430.20118) Current Channel. The Office Background is visible on the Office Account page, but it is not displayed throughout the main Outlook workspace. Could you please provide the affected build on your side?
Additionally, I have also come across several community discussions and feedback from other Microsoft 365 users reporting the same experience in recent Office builds, where Office Backgrounds are only shown in limited areas of the application interface rather than throughout the workspace. This suggests the behavior may be related to the current product design rather than an issue specific to your environment. And this applies to the other Office apps as well, (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/etc.)
I recommend you to submit feedback directly to the product team through the Microsoft Feedback Portal. Customer feedback is reviewed by the engineering team and helps influence future product improvements. You can also upvote for the similar existing feedback:
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/f46bbbf4-6a76-f011-95f3-7c1e52d941f8
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/18b9c173-72aa-f111-aad2-7c1e52d1fb2c