Emails move to Journal instead of folder

Gibbs,Cynthia 20 Reputation points
2026-09-30T20:51:19.1533333+00:00

In an attempt to move emails to a folder I selected 'journal' instead. Now I cannot find the journal to retrieve my emails. How do I find the journal to retrieve my emails?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Kai-L 19,830 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-09-30T21:31:30.73+00:00

Dear Cynthia,

The Journal folder is hidden by default in classic Outlook, but the messages should still be there.

  1. Select More apps (…) > Folders > Journal from the Outlook navigation bar. 
    User's image
  2. Select the misplaced emails to open Journal entry
  3. Go to File > Move to folder > Other folder
  4. Select the intended mail folder and choose OK

I hope this helps. Looking forward to your reply.


If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.