An Azure communication platform for deploying applications across devices and platforms.
Azure Communication: Delayed Short Code Application Review — Awaiting Carrier Approval
Problem description
I submitted an Azure Communication Services short code application on July 9, 2026, with an expected readiness date of September 3, 2026. However, after that date passed, I noticed that the application status remained 'Submitted' with no updates or email communications regarding its progress. I am concerned about the delay and want to understand the current status and next steps.
Environment
Azure Communication Services, short code application, no specific region or resource identifier specified.
What I've already tried
I have reviewed the Azure portal for application status, which remains 'Submitted.' I have checked my email inbox, including spam and junk folders, for any updates or requests for additional information, but have found no correspondence from Azure or related authorities. I also reviewed the guidance stating that short code approval can take 8–12 weeks, and I understand that the process involves carrier review and regulatory approval.
Current status
As of now, the application still shows no change in status beyond the initial 'Submitted.' I am seeking clarification on whether the application is still under review, if additional information is required, or if there are other issues causing the delay. I would appreciate guidance on what steps I should take next or how to expedite the process if possible.