Subscription deleted for non-payment - cannot pay invoice in portal and cannot open billing support ticket

SindhujaBalaji-5465 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T08:24:29.74+00:00

Hello,

My pay-as-you-go Azure subscription was deleted due to non-payment. I want to pay the outstanding invoice, but when I open Cost Management + Billing > Invoices > Pay now, the portal shows: "You can't pay this invoice in the portal. Please contact Azure Support for assistance."

I also cannot create a support request:

  • The subscription no longer appears, so the normal Help + support flow does not let me raise a billing ticket.
  • Engage Center shows "No Access" for my personal Microsoft account.
  • "Contact your billing administrators" only opens an email to myself, because I am the account owner.

This was a personal learning account in India (billed in INR). I would like to:

  1. Get a supported way to pay the outstanding invoice.
  2. Restore my billing account so I can create a new subscription.
  3. If possible, request a one-time goodwill review of the charges. Most of the bill came from an SFTP endpoint on a storage account that I did not realize is billed hourly even when idle.

I can share the invoice number and subscription ID privately with a Microsoft moderator.

Thank you.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.