An Azure communication platform for deploying applications across devices and platforms.
Hi Dawid,
1. Please make sure the custom email domain you are using in Azure Communication Services (ACS) has MX record.
I don't know specifically how iCloud's email server/security gateway treats lack of MX record, but I do know in general it is considered potential spam signal.
ACS documentation recommends having MX record. I would go a step further and say it is best to not only have MX record, but that it points to valid email server that will receive messages for that domain and the MailFrom addresses (e.g. DoNotReply -at- email.youracsdomain.pl, etc.) you have configured.
Have automation that processes any messages that comes in for Non Delivery Reports, manual unsubscribes, opt-outs, etc. This automation part isn't necessary for trying to solve your immediate issue.
After MX record is in place, please verify it resolves correctly using command similar to below. For example, say your ACS email domain is email.youracsdomain.pl:
nslookup -q=mx email.youracsdomain.pl 8.8.8.8
2. For your DMARC, are you using p=reject ? I suspect some subset of servers/gateways prefer p=reject (this is what ACS managed domain is set to) or p=quarantine. Of course make sure the email address you put in your DMARC is real and receives messages.
After performing the above, please test sending to the iCloud recipient again.
IMPORTANT: Azure Communication Services Email (ACS Email) is being RETIRED on September 30, 2028.
Retirement and breaking changes guide for Azure Communication Services - ACS Email
Thanks.
-TP