Unable to complete Azure for Students verification

Şükran Hilal Hocaoğlu 0 Reputation points
2026-09-27T16:10:51.65+00:00

Hello Microsoft Azure Support Team,

I am trying to sign up for the "Azure for Students" offer. I successfully completed the academic verification process (I received the verification email from the Microsoft Academic Verification Team and clicked the confirmation link for my university email: ******@ogr.akdeniz.edu.tr).

However, when I try to finalize my registration and log in, I am constantly redirected to an error page that says: "Unable to complete Azure for Students verification. Please try again shortly or contact us."

Here are the specific error details and my account information so you can investigate:

Microsoft Account: ******@gmail.com

Academic Email: ******@ogr.akdeniz.edu.tr

SessionID: e116bf53-d31c-4981-b4cf-8a63557353d1

TimeStampUTC: 9/27/2026 3:26:10 PM

Since I have already verified my student email, could you please help me bypass this error and activate my Azure for Students subscription?

Thank you, Şükran Hilal Hocaoğlu

Azure Communication Services

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Leena 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-28T01:04:55.65+00:00

    Hello Şükran Hilal Hocaoğlu,

    This issue may be caused by using different accounts for verification and activation. Please try these steps:

    • Sign out of all Microsoft and Azure accounts.
    • Open an InPrivate or Incognito browser window.
    • Sign in using your verified university account, ******@ogr.akdeniz.edu.tr, instead of the Gmail account.
    • Return to Azure for Students and complete the registration again.
    • In the Azure portal, check Directories + subscriptions to confirm the correct account is active.

    The university email used for academic verification should also be used when claiming the offer. Azure for Students also requires verification through an eligible institution-issued email and is limited to one subscription per eligible student. [learn.microsoft.com] [Frequently...Education]

    If the error continues, Microsoft Q&A cannot access the account, reset verification, bypass eligibility checks, or activate the subscription. The account will need to be reviewed by Microsoft Support. [learn.microsoft.com]

    For privacy, please remove the Session ID and timestamp from the public post and provide them only through a private support channel.

    I hope this helps resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.