Azure for Students sign-up: "You are not eligible for an Azure free account" after email verification

2026-09-26T15:49:10.03+00:00

Hello,

I am a full-time undergraduate student (Electrical Engineering, Year 3) at Universiti Malaya, Malaysia. I tried to activate Azure for Students using my university account (******@siswa365.um.edu.my, verification email ******@siswa.um.edu.my).

The email verification step first returned "verification code incorrect" even though I entered the latest code, and then the page showed: "You are not eligible for an Azure free account."

  • SessionID: fedc591c-8c45-4731-98b7-ba8122f83af9
  • Timestamp (UTC): 26 Sep 2026, 15:18:58

I have not used an Azure free or student offer before. Could you please check why my account was marked ineligible and help me activate Azure for Students? I can provide proof of enrollment (student ID / enrollment letter) if needed.

Thank you.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.