Communication Services: Request to Increase Email Sending Limits — Pending Approval

Kyle-3110 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T17:36:51.0266667+00:00

Problem description

I am seeking assistance to increase the sending limits for Azure Communication Services Email on my verified custom domain. Currently, the default limits are 30 messages per minute and 100 per hour, but I need to send around 21,000 messages daily with occasional spikes up to 7,500 per hour.

Environment

Azure Communication Services Email, verified custom domain, region: global, data location: United States, transactional-only sending pattern.

What I've already tried

I have reviewed the documentation which confirms that higher limits are handled through a quota review process. I have submitted a request for a quota increase with the necessary details, including subscription ID, resource name, region, and domain verification status. I have not received a response regarding approval or rejection yet.

Current status

The quota increase request is pending review, and I am awaiting approval. I am seeking guidance on the next steps or additional information needed to expedite the process.

Azure Communication Services

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. TP 163.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-24T17:53:43.8033333+00:00

    Hi,

    How long has it been since you submitted the sending limit quota increase support request? In my experience it can take a few business days.

    Please note Azure Communication Services Email (ACS Email) is being RETIRED on September 30, 2028. If possible, please consider deploying different email solution instead of ACS Email. This will avoid headache of having to migrate a live production app to a new solution before the deadline.

    Retirement and breaking changes guide for Azure Communication Services - ACS Email

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/communication-services/acs-retirement-and-breaking-changes-guide#acs-email

    Thanks.

    -TP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.