Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hi Peter,
Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.
Based on the documentation I found, Office 2019 Volume License versions have transitioned from MSI installation technology to Click-to-Run. At the same time, the deployment and configuration of Office 2019 are primarily performed using the Office Deployment Tool.
You can refer to the following documentation for more details:
Overview of Office 2019 (for IT Pros) - Office | Microsoft Learn
Therefore, in this case, I recommend using the official Click-to-Run version rather than trying to continue using the MSI version.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.
I look forward to continuing the conversation.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.