Unknown Charges from Azure.

Rahul Panuganti 0 Reputation points
2025-07-20T10:02:32.7666667+00:00

I got charged INR 2,846.92, don't know for what.
In February/March I gave my card details to learn Azure, I was on free trial.

Then out of now where I got a message in May that I've been charged.

I don't understand, how can they charge if I'm on free trial.

How to resolve this issue, please help.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Andreas Baumgarten 132.9K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-07-20T20:19:59.3966667+00:00

    Hi @Rahul Panuganti ,

    if you are on an Azure Free Account you have a spending limit of 200US$ within 30 days.

    After 30 days you will be notified the free period will finish and you have to options:

    • Do nothing (default) and the Azure Subscription will be disabled and deleted (after a certain time).
    • Switch to a PayAsYouGo Azure Subscription and you can use all the services but you will be charged for usage.

    User's image

    Source: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/purchase-options/azure-account#FAQ

    If you created the Azure Free Account in February/March 2025 the trial period of 30 days is over.


    (If the reply was helpful please don't forget to upvote and/or accept as answer, thank you)

    Regards

    Andreas Baumgarten

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.