Can't complete login, can't get code from Authenticator App = endless loop

Erica Redmond 55 Reputation points
2024-08-27T13:55:19.26+00:00

Hi, I bought a Microsoft Business Basic EEA package, but I can't login. I have my email and my password but when I try to complete the login it prompts me for a code from the Authenticator App. When I open the app there is no code listed. If I click try alternative login method it also requires a code from the authenticator app. I am stuck in this loop.

Any help would be appreciated!

Update*

Unfortunately still struggling with this issue, I believe I am the IT Admin and have lost access to the Admin Centre.

Update*

I set up another business account utilising the free month offer. I then created a support ticket on this Tenant account and asked for the Data team in my support ticket. They phoned me and reset my MFA issue and I was able to log into my original account!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Answer accepted by question author
Aviral Singh 80 Reputation points
2024-11-05T07:41:22.6133333+00:00

Hello!

If you're the IT admin, then you will need to connect with Microsoft support to resolve this. (You really should have an alternate email address added to your account for these things)

But, if you're not the admin, then you need to connect with your IT admin and they will be able to reset the authenticator app on your account.

Once this is done, you will have to remove your work account from the authenticator app and add it again, the same way you did when you tried to login to this account for the first time.

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,

Aviral Rana

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Erica Redmond 55 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T19:46:43.3266667+00:00

    I set up another business account utilising the free month offer. I then created a support ticket on this Tenant account and asked for the Data team in my support ticket. They phoned me and reset my MFA issue and I was able to log into my original account!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.