windows 11 and office 365 deployment lab kit - latest version

David Lynch 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T12:05:23.7466667+00:00

Hi There - I believe that a new release of the lab (currently 25h2 win11) was due in August 2026. Unfortunately the release hasn't happened yet and I believe this takes the SQL Eval into expired and prevents the SCCM instance from functioning.

I've rearmed the Server OS licenses which is an easy fix for the OS.

If the new version of the lab isn't ready yet are there any possible workarounds for SQL? I suspect the answer may be to uninstall/reinstall SQL, but if anyone's got around the problem another way I'd love to know.

Thanks All

SQL Server | Other
SQL Server | Other

Additional SQL Server features and topics not covered by specific categories

0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Erland Sommarskog 137.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2026-10-04T12:54:19.5333333+00:00

Since you have tagged the question with SQL Server, I will answer from that perspective. Note that I know very little about any deployment lab kit or SCCM.

If you have SQL Server Evaluation Edition installed, and evaluation period have expired, the way to get it going is to install a licensed version. Since this seems to be lab environment, I assume that it is not production, and therefore Developer Edition should be sufficient. You can get it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads.

Note that this is SQL 2025, which seems to be the only version of Developer edition that is officially available. If you want older versions, they are still available, but they are a little more difficult to find. This page has links for the older versions: https://www.junian.dev/downloads/sql-server-developer

Once you have the installation media, you can perform an edition or version upgrades. To perform a pure editon upgrade, go to the Maintenance page in the Setup wizard:

User's image

For a version upgrade, you go to the Installation page:

User's image

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.