Azure AI Search tool in Foundry not producing tool_results for evaluations.

Riley McCann 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T03:35:42+00:00

I am attempting to evaluate the groundedness of responses using an AI Search Index through Foundry's evaluation in Foundry Portal UI. When I review the reasons why groundedness is failing, the evaluation returns something along the lines of "the response is presented without any supporting tool results or provided context, making them phantom claims."

Reviewing the results JSON, I can confirm there is a tool call, but no tool results within the sample.output_items. How do I expose the realtime generated tool_results to the evaluator within the UI so that I can accurately test groundedness from an AI Search Index?

Foundry Tools
Foundry Tools

Formerly known as Azure AI Services or Azure Cognitive Services is a unified collection of prebuilt AI capabilities within the Microsoft Foundry platform

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.