Container Apps Environment Creation: Heavy Usage Error in Central US — Capacity Issue

Jeff Johnson 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T22:22:41.05+00:00

Problem description

I am unable to create a new Azure Container Apps managed environment in the Central US region. The process fails with the error 'ManagedEnvironmentCapacityHeavyUsageError,' indicating a capacity or regional placement issue.

Environment

Azure Container Apps, resource group in Central US region

What I've already tried

I reviewed the case details, checked the Azure CLI version (2.74.0), the Container Apps extension (1.2.0b4), confirmed that the Microsoft.App resource provider is registered, and verified that the resource group and subnet are properly configured. I also examined the Activity Log for related errors and checked the Azure Service Health advisories, but the issue persists.

Current status

I seek assistance to understand whether this is a regional capacity constraint, a placement-pool limitation, or a subscription-specific admission issue. I would like guidance on possible resolutions or workarounds to successfully create the environment in Central US.

The issue is not resolved. Please continue the support request and escalate it as necessary to the Azure Container Apps/platform capacity team.

We have completed the requested customer-side checks. Microsoft.App is registered, no partial managed environment remains, and the Azure Activity Log shows the accepted Microsoft.App/managedEnvironments/write operation reaching a terminal Failed state with the backend error ManagedEnvironmentCapacityHeavyUsageError / AKSCapacityHeavyUsage.

The provider response explicitly states: “Creating a new cluster is unavailable at this time in region centralus.”

Correlation ID: 78022f03-de0d-4e54-8399-d8b6f2e47cc2

Operation ID: c13e5c01-14d2-4c95-a9e8-9d299ebf4f97

x-ms-request-id: 4920a71b-2439-4a62-8b6a-0c9070e1a5ef

This has been reproduced repeatedly since September 30 across clean provisioning attempts. An existing Container Apps environment in Central US continues to operate normally.

Please investigate the backend placement/capacity condition and advise whether capacity can be made available in Central US, whether this is specific to the internal/VNet-integrated placement pool, or whether there is another supported Central US configuration that avoids the constrained pool.

I do not want to close the case while new managed-environment creation in Central US continues to fail.

Azure Container Apps
Azure Container Apps

An Azure service that provides a general-purpose, serverless container platform.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.