Azure App Service is a service used to create and deploy scalable, mission-critical web apps.
Web App (Linux): Key Vault-imported certificate remains at keyVaultSecretStatus 'Initialized' — Troubleshooting Certificate Materialization
Problem description
I am experiencing an issue where a Key Vault-imported certificate in my Linux-based Web App remains at the keyVaultSecretStatus 'Initialized' and does not transition to 'Succeeded'. Despite verifying that the certificate file is mounted correctly within the container and the private key is present, the certificate does not seem to be fully materialized into the app's environment, which is preventing its use for SSL or application authentication. I am seeking guidance on whether this 'Initialized' status is expected on Linux and how to ensure the certificate is properly materialized.
Environment
Web App (Linux), certificate resource, region not specified in the case information
What I've already tried
I have deleted and re-imported the certificate, added the Secrets User role, and repeatedly restarted the app. I verified that the certificate file opens with an empty password, matches the thumbprint, contains the private key, and persists after app restarts. I also confirmed that the certificate's Key Vault source is accessible and that the certificate and secret versions are enabled and not expired.
Current status
I am looking for confirmation on whether the 'Initialized' status is expected and reliable for Linux apps, and guidance on how to verify if the certificate has fully materialized in the app container. Additionally, I seek advice on steps to resolve the issue if the materialization process is incomplete or blocked.