Personal Microsoft account gets 403 for GET /me/calendar with Calendars.ReadBasic consented

Colin White 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T21:52:01.21+00:00

I’m signed in to Graph Explorer under Tenant: Personal. My Outlook.com primary calendar opens normally in the browser. Graph Explorer shows Calendars.ReadBasic consented. After signing out and back in, this request still returns 403:

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/calendar?$select=id,owner

The response is ErrorAccessDenied: “Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.”

Microsoft’s Get calendar documentation lists delegated Calendars.ReadBasic as supported for personal Microsoft accounts. What could explain this result, and how can I safely confirm whether Graph Explorer’s request actually carried that scope without disclosing the access token?

A separate app using the same account and endpoint returns an empty 401; I am not assuming the two failures have the same cause.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Graph
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vasil Michev 128.1K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-01T06:26:36.91+00:00

    I seem to be able to reproduce this, it does work with Calendars.Read though, if adding such permissions is an option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.