Azure OpenAI Deployment: Error 715-123420 — Unusual Activity Detected

ROAME-2971 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T18:59:34.3033333+00:00

Problem description

I am attempting to create an Azure OpenAI model deployment (gpt-4.1) in Azure AI Foundry within the East US region. The deployment requests are consistently rejected with error 715-123420, indicating that the request was detected as unusual activity for my account. This occurs from both the Azure portal and CLI, regardless of the throughput settings (10K TPM and 40K TPM).

Environment

Azure AI Foundry with Azure OpenAI model deployment in East US, resource group rg-vitability-one-staging, model gpt-4.1.

What I've already tried

I have tried deploying through both the Azure portal and Azure CLI, using different throughput settings. I checked resource health and service health, which showed no issues. I reviewed my quota, which indicates 50K TPM is available, so capacity does not seem to be the problem.

Current status

The deployment continues to be rejected with error 715-123420, despite available quota and healthy resource status. I am seeking guidance on the specific account-level condition causing this block and the steps to resolve it.

Azure OpenAI in Foundry Models

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.