Azure AI Foundry: Pending TPM Quota Increase Requests — Scaling Blocked

Nige Admin 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T12:35:42.1166667+00:00

Problem description

I am inquiring about the status of two pending TPM quota increase requests for Azure AI Foundry, specifically affecting Azure OpenAI model deployments in the 5.6 model family. These requests have been pending since August 24, 2026, and are preventing me from scaling deployments as expected.

Environment

Azure AI Foundry with Azure OpenAI model deployments, impacted area: TPM quota for the 5.6 model family.

What I've already tried

Before opening this support case, I submitted two TPM quota increase requests. I waited several weeks without seeing any change, and during that period, I could not scale the affected deployments. I contacted support to get an update on these pending requests.

Current status

Currently, both TPM quota requests are still pending, and scaling remains blocked. I am seeking information on when the quota increase will be processed and the expected timeline for resolution.

Azure OpenAI in Foundry Models

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.