Microsoft Defender for Cloud: Flat list recommendations fail with custom cloud scope — grouped view works

CircDev-6941 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T03:46:40.9666667+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing an issue with Microsoft Defender for Cloud recommendations in the Microsoft Defender portal. When I select a custom cloud scope using the preview Scope filter and view recommendations in the Flat list, the list fails to load correctly, showing a 'Data is temporarily unavailable' message and only 0 items. However, the grouped view for recommendations continues to work as expected.

Environment

Microsoft Defender for Cloud recommendations in the Microsoft Defender portal, using a custom cloud scope with the Scope filter applied, tested in Microsoft Edge.

What I've already tried

I have opened the recommendations page in the Defender portal and applied a custom cloud scope through the preview Scope filter. When the scope is applied, the 'By recommendation title' view loads 449 titles successfully, but the Flat list fails, returning 0 items and error messages. When I turn off scope filtering, the Flat list loads 2,891 entries successfully. I also reviewed self-help materials, which did not document this behavior, and I have not attempted other troubleshooting steps beyond reproducing the issue with different scopes and browsers.

Current status

The issue persists, with the Flat list failing only when a custom cloud scope is selected while the grouped view functions correctly. I am seeking further assistance to understand whether this is a known defect, if it can be reproduced by engineering, and what the next steps are for resolution.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Defender | Microsoft Defender for Cloud
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.