Hello,
I am urgently asking for help, because our nonprofit organization is at risk of permanently losing its Microsoft 365 tenant, and I have not been able to reach a human at Microsoft Support.
The problem:
All sign-ins to our tenant fail with AADSTS5000225: "This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity". According to the documentation, a blocked tenant is permanently deleted after 20 days. We do not know when the block started, so the deadline may be very close.
The tenant is still needed and will be actively used going forward. We still have valid credentials and MFA for a Global Admin account, so we only need the tenant to be unblocked.
What I have tried so far:
- I called the Microsoft business support hotline several times. Each time only an AI assistant answered, and it hung up on me without connecting me to a person.
- Because I could not open a ticket any other way, I created a separate trial tenant only to be able to submit a support request: 2609291420002231.
- The only response so far is an automated reply that repeats the public documentation and asks questions that only Microsoft can answer (e.g., when the tenant was blocked). No action has been taken.
What I need:
Could a moderator please escalate this case to the team responsible for tenant reactivation (Microsoft Entra / tenant lifecycle) before the tenant is deleted? All details (tenant ID, admin accounts, trace IDs, contact information) are included in support request 2609291420002231.
It is quite frustrating that a nonprofit organization has no practical way to reach a human before its tenant is irreversibly deleted. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!