Application logs from Azure container apps do not show in application insights.

Michal Przysucha 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T10:57:39.0266667+00:00

Hi,

I deployed a Spring Boot application to container apps and now I want to integrate it with application insights. I followed: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/opentelemetry-enable?tabs=java and did everything they ask:

  • downloaded an Java agent and added javaagent:"/applicationinsights-agent-3.7.9.jar" to Dockerfile
  • set APPLICATIONINSIGHTS_CONNECTION_STRING as environment variable - I checked it and it correctly holds the desired value

When I run my application locally everything works just fine - logs appear in application insights. The problem is when it is run in container apps. There are no logs indicating an error from Java agent.

FROM amazoncorretto:25-jdk
WORKDIR /app
COPY build/libs/mms-app.jar mms.jar
COPY build/application-insights/applicationinsights-agent.jar applicationinsights-agent.jar
EXPOSE 8080
ENTRYPOINT ["java", "-javaagent:applicationinsights-agent.jar", "-jar", "mms.jar"]


I would really appreciate your help!

Azure Container Apps
Azure Container Apps

An Azure service that provides a general-purpose, serverless container platform.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.