Azure App Service custom domain verification fails even though DNS is correctly configured and publicly resolvable
I am trying to add workspace.peaco.tech as a custom domain to an Azure App Service.
App Service:
Resource group: peaco-dev
Platform: Linux Web App
Existing custom domain:
portal.peaco.tech is already working correctly on the same App Service.
DNS configuration for the new hostname:
workspace.peaco.tech CNAME → peaco-frontend-ecdkepg4dvdse2fj.centralus-01.azurewebsites.net
asuid.workspace.peaco.tech TXT → current Azure App Service Custom Domain Verification ID
I verified the records from Azure Cloud Shell:
dig +short workspace.peaco.tech CNAME returns the expected Azure App Service hostname.
dig +short asuid.workspace.peaco.tech TXT returns the correct verification ID.
I also queried both authoritative Bluehost nameservers directly:
ns1.bluehost.com
`ns2.bluehost.com`
Both authoritative nameservers return the correct CNAME and TXT values.
Despite this, domain verification fails in all of the following:
Azure Portal custom-domain wizard
az webapp config hostname add
direct ARM/REST hostname binding
App Service “All Certificates & Domains Checks” diagnostic
The error is consistently:
A TXT record pointing from asuid.workspace.peaco.tech to <verification-id> was not found.
However, the TXT record is publicly resolvable and matches the current Custom Domain Verification ID.
The App Service diagnostic also reports ownership verification failure, and its “Current DNS Configuration” field displays an internal .NET AsyncTask object rather than actual DNS data.
Is there a known App Service custom-domain verification caching or backend issue that could cause Azure to fail validation even when the authoritative DNS records are correct?
I would appreciate any guidance on how to force Azure to re-check or refresh domain ownership verification.Azure App Service custom domain verification fails even though DNS is correctly configured and publicly resolvable
I am trying to add workspace.peaco.tech as a custom domain to an Azure App Service.
App Service:
App name: peaco-frontend
Resource group: peaco-dev
Platform: Linux Web App
Existing custom domain:
portal.peaco.tech is already working correctly on the same App Service.
DNS configuration for the new hostname:
workspace.peaco.tech
CNAME → peaco-frontend-ecdkepg4dvdse2fj.centralus-01.azurewebsites.net
asuid.workspace.peaco.tech
TXT → current Azure App Service Custom Domain Verification ID
I verified the records from Azure Cloud Shell:
dig +short workspace.peaco.tech CNAME returns the expected Azure App Service hostname.
dig +short asuid.workspace.peaco.tech TXT returns the correct verification ID.
I also queried both authoritative Bluehost nameservers directly:
ns1.bluehost.com
`ns2.bluehost.com`
Both authoritative nameservers return the correct CNAME and TXT values.
Despite this, domain verification fails in all of the following:
Azure Portal custom-domain wizard
az webapp config hostname add
direct ARM/REST hostname binding
App Service “All Certificates & Domains Checks” diagnostic
The error is consistently:
A TXT record pointing from asuid.workspace.peaco.tech to <verification-id> was not found.
However, the TXT record is publicly resolvable and matches the current Custom Domain Verification ID.
The App Service diagnostic also reports ownership verification failure, and its “Current DNS Configuration” field displays an internal .NET AsyncTask object rather than actual DNS data.
Is there a known App Service custom-domain verification caching or backend issue that could cause Azure to fail validation even when the authoritative DNS records are correct?
I would appreciate any guidance on how to force Azure to re-check or refresh domain ownership verification.