An Azure relational database service.
Your CSV does appear to have formatting issues, as mentioned in the existing answers. However, before spending too much time getting the legacy DTU Calculator working, I would also consider how you want to size the Azure SQL Database.
The DTU Calculator is useful when you specifically want a DTU-based sizing estimate from an existing SQL Server workload. But DTU is a bundled measure of CPU, data I/O and log I/O, so the calculated DTU number is only an approximation of the required Azure SQL capacity.
For a new Azure SQL deployment, I would consider the vCore-based model as well. Rather than converting your server's CPU/IO counters directly into DTUs, you can collect the workload characteristics and evaluate the appropriate vCore service tier/size, then validate the choice with actual workload testing and Azure Monitor metrics.
If your primary objective is cost optimization, I would compare the available options rather than assume that the DTU number is the answer:
DTU-based Standard/Premium tier
vCore-based General Purpose
- vCore-based Serverless, if the workload has significant idle periods (NOT recommended for production workloads)
The cheapest option depends on the workload pattern, storage requirements, I/O characteristics and whether the database can benefit from serverless or other purchasing options.
So, if this is an existing production SQL Server that you are planning to migrate, I would use the collected performance data to establish the workload baseline, select a candidate Azure SQL SKU, and then validate it under representative peak workload. The DTU Calculator can still be used as one reference point, but I wouldn't treat its result as the definitive sizing answer.
Also, Microsoft provides guidance for moving between DTU and vCore models, including approximate DTU-to-vCore relationships, but those should be treated as estimates rather than exact performance equivalence. More info here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/migrate-dtu-to-vcore?view=azuresql&tabs=azure-portal#migrate-a-database
References:
- DTU-based purchasing model: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/service-tiers-dtu
- DTU to vCore migration guidance: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/migrate-dtu-to-vcore
- Azure SQL purchasing models: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/purchasing-models