How to deal a 400 error from GraphAPI when input looks valid

Bob Ammerman 0 Reputation points
2026-09-23T18:29:49.2366667+00:00

I have an application that uses Microsoft Graph to send emails. Several times a day I am getting an OADataError with a response code of 400 error from the SDK, reporting "At least one recipient is not valid., A message can't be sent because it contains no recipients.".

When the error occurs, I log the Message object, as follows:

TO: ******@email.com/noname ---- email address and name from the EmailAddress object (email addressed obfuscated)

CC: NONE!

BCC: NONE!

Body: <!DOCTYPE html>\r\n<html>...</html></html> ---- contents of body elided

Note that this message does contain a valid email address (verified by resending the message at a future

Q: Any ideas what is going on here?!?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Graph
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.