I am trying to create an Azure Function App in the South Central US region using:
- Operating system: Linux
- Hosting plan: Flex Consumption
- Runtime: Python 3.13
- Instance size: 2048 MB
The deployment fails during preflight validation with:
- ServerFarmCreationNotAllowed
The subscription is not allowed to create or update the serverfarm.
I have already verified the following:
- The Azure subscription is Active
- Microsoft.Web resource provider is Registered
- The account performing the deployment has Owner access
- No Azure Policy assignments are blocking the deployment
- No subscription-level Deny Assignments are present
- No resource-group Deny Assignments are present
- Billing is current with no payment, credit, or spending-limit warnings
- Other resources, including the storage account and Log Analytics workspace, were created successfully
The failed Activity Log event shows:
- Operation: Validate Deployment
- Status: Failed
- Error: InvalidTemplateDeployment
- Validation error: ValidationForResourceFailed
- Inner error: ServerFarmCreationNotAllowed
I do not see a separate Microsoft.Web/serverFarms create/update Activity Log entry. The request appears to fail during preflight validation before the server farm resource is actually created.
At this point, I have not identified a billing, RBAC, policy, deny-assignment, or resource-provider registration issue.
Can someone confirm whether this error can be caused by a subscription-level App Service / Microsoft.Web restriction or backend entitlement, and what Microsoft needs to enable or remove so that the Function App can be created?