I am trying to use Azure as a first time user. Getting an error that will not go away

Tony Tracey 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T17:50:58.3066667+00:00

I registered and used my Microsoft 365 account. When I try to go to use Azure I get a page with this error. I tried self diags and they are all fine. I'm lost.

Sign-in failed

Error code: post_request_failed

Error message: post_request_failed: See https://aka.ms/msal.js.errors#post_request_failed for details

Learn more about the error

Try again

Perform self diagnostics

Go to Azure status page

Sign out

Contact support

Debugging information

Browser ID: 2349efb4-7989-448a-becc-524bc1c5056f

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-09-22T17:51:13.0866667+00:00

    Try the Azure sign-in troubleshooting steps first, because this error can be caused by browser session or cached sign-in state issues:

    1. Refresh the page.
    2. Try a different browser.
    3. Use private browsing mode:
      • Edge: Settings → New InPrivate window, then sign in to the Azure portal.
      • Chrome: Incognito mode.
      • Safari: File → New Private Window.
    4. Clear browser cache and cookies:
      • Edge: Settings → Privacy and Services → Clear Browsing Data. Select Browsing history, Download history, and Cached images and files, then Delete.
      • Chrome: Settings → Privacy and Security → Clear browsing data.

    If Azure is automatically signing in with the wrong account, clear cookies and cached data again or use private browsing, then sign in with the intended Microsoft 365 account.

    If the issue continues, create a support request because Azure sign-in issues that persist after browser troubleshooting may require Microsoft support investigation.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.