365 Charge to my Credit Card

Nigel Armstrong 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T17:13:22.5866667+00:00

Good Afternoon

I have a charge to my credit card for the 365 Personal account however my personal account is not on a renewal account and my business account is managed through my IT provider.

I am unsure which other account this may be linked to as I do not have any other email/work provisions to use a 365 account. How can I contact Microsoft to challenge the charge, I tried the phone system but they linked me to ‘aka.ms/srv’ but this is useless as I do not have any other email accounts to log into to check a subscription.

Please assist.

Exchange | Other
Exchange | Other

A powerful email and collaboration platform developed by Microsoft, designed to support enterprise-level communication and productivity. Miscellaneous topics that do not fit into specific categories.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Nigel Armstrong 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-22T19:53:14.12+00:00

    Good Evening Kai

    Thank you for the response.

    I have followed the ‘investigate’ route and found that an unknown email address is noted against a payment charge on my personal account. Whilst I cannot see the full email address it is not one known to me, I assume therefore that the account may have been compromised. I have contacted the credit card company and banned further payment processes to Microsoft, changed the card details and passwords.

    However, can you detail how I may get a refund for this payment as the credit card company has processed the amount now and appears unwilling to challenge the charge. There may be a case where the card company could accept the information on a fraudulent email address but this is not challenged as of today.

    Your further thoughts/comment appreciated please.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Kai-L 19,830 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-22T17:48:33.13+00:00

    Dear Nigel,

    That sounds frustrating, especially after being routed somewhere you cannot even sign in to. Unfortunately, as a forum moderator, I am not able to look up payment records or trace a charge to an account for you. My role here is limited to general guidance you can apply from your side.

    First, check the invoice or reference number on the charge. If it begins with G or E, the charge belongs to a commercial subscription rather than a personal one. In that case your IT provider is the right contact, as they hold the admin access and can raise a service request with Microsoft billing on your behalf. For detailed instructions on how to get support, please refer to Get support - Microsoft 365 admin.

    If it is not a commercial invoice, start with the Investigate tool, as it works from the card rather than the account.

    User's image

    Sign in to your Microsoft account dashboard, open the Manage your payments page, and select Investigate next to the charge you do not recognize. There is also a troubleshooter on the same article that walks through the most common causes, such as a subscription with recurring billing still enabled, a family member using your card, a previously declined charge being retried, or an in app purchase.

    For reference: How to investigate a billing charge from Microsoft | Microsoft Support

    If that does not identify it, you can reach consumer billing support directly:

    1. Go to Contact Us - Microsoft Support in a browser.
    2. Choose Microsoft 365 > Get Home support.
    3. Describe the issue in the box under "We're here to help", then select Get Help.
    4. Scroll down and select Contact Support, then sign in with your personal Microsoft account.
    5. Under Products & Services choose Microsoft 365 and Office, then select Billing as the category and confirm.
    6. Choose the chat option to reach a support specialist.

    Finally, if you suspect your card details have been used without your permission, contact your bank directly to block further charges rather than only disputing this one.

    I truly hope you get your issue resolved swiftly. Please know that even though I can't directly intervene, directing you to the correct, specialized support is the most effective help I can provide from my position. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if you need anything else. Wishing you all the best. 


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.