App Service Certificates: Ongoing Obsolete Certificate Verification Warnings

Ray-9659 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T14:21:10.05+00:00

Problem description

I am receiving daily email warnings about obsolete certificate verification for my App Service Certificates, even after moving the certificates to a different subscription and completing verification. I need help understanding why these reminders continue and how to stop them.

Environment

Azure App Service (Windows) in the context of issues with App Service Certificates.

What I've already tried

I have reviewed the case details, moved the certificate resources to a new subscription, renewed the certificates, and updated the TLS bindings. I have also confirmed that the certificates in the original subscription are no longer in use, but the reminder emails persist.

Current status

I am seeking guidance on how to identify and resolve any lingering certificate orders or notification records that may be causing these ongoing obsolete certificate verification warnings.

Azure App Service
Azure App Service

Azure App Service is a service used to create and deploy scalable, mission-critical web apps.


1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Salamat Shah 750 Reputation points MVP
    2026-09-28T17:01:05.1733333+00:00

    Check the original subscription for any lingering Microsoft.CertificateRegistration/certificateOrders resources and remove obsolete certificate orders after confirming they are no longer required. Microsoft recommends verifying the certificate status, renewal settings, domain verification, and bindings when troubleshooting App Service certificate issues.

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/azure/app-service/troubleshoot-azure-app-service-certificates

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.