Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible server: Subscription region restriction — Request for East US 2 regional access review

CourtneyC-7109 0 Reputation points
2026-09-15T12:54:40.2433333+00:00

Problem description

I am trying to provision an Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible server in the East US 2 region to support my production SaaS application. During creation via the Azure portal, I receive the error message: "Subscription '{subscription}' is not allowed to provision in 'East US 2'." I have confirmed that the resource provider is registered and that my subscription has available quota for East US 2. I am seeking assistance to enable regional provisioning in this region for my subscription.

Environment

Service: Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible server; Region targeted: East US 2; Provisioning method: Azure portal; Affected resource: PostgreSQL flexible server in East US 2.

What I've already tried

I have confirmed that the Microsoft.DBforPostgreSQL resource provider is registered for my subscription, and that there is available quota in East US 2. The error occurs during server creation in the Azure portal. I have not made any configuration changes or performed additional troubleshooting steps beyond this.

Current status

I am requesting an Azure region access review for East US 2 to enable provisioning of PostgreSQL flexible servers in this region. I would like to understand the necessary steps to lift the regional restriction on my subscription, or any required approvals or quota requests.

Azure Database for PostgreSQL

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Himaja Y 555 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-22T16:08:22.73+00:00

    Hi @CourtneyC-7109 ,

    After reviewing your request, we found that the issue is related to an Azure quota increase. Please note that the PCS team does not handle quota-related requests. To proceed, we kindly ask you to create a new Azure support request under the appropriate quota/service limit category.

    You can create the request by following these steps:

    1. Sign in to the Azure Portal.
    2. Select Help + Support.
    3. Click Create a support request.
    4. Under Issue type, select Service and Subscription Limits (Quotas).
    5. Choose the affected Subscription.
    6. Provide the details of the quota increase request, including the resource type, region, and desired limit.
    7. Review the suggested guidance and select Contact Support if required.
    8. Submit the support request with your contact details.

    The Azure Quota team will review the request and assist you further.

    If you need assistance with any non-quota technical issues, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.